Delivered in partnership with ATODRTO #31624
As employers and talent managers of performing artists, we understand the necessary skills required by employers in the industry. Over the last two years we have had the pleasure of watching our students graduate with professional contracts and the necessary skills required to create a long and successful career in the industry.
Our Diploma of Dance students are provided with a top faculty of agents, current entertainment employers and
industry pros – our course is about relevant training for today’s industry. Focusing on technical training, commercial and industry practice/readiness, this is where you need to be for 2020.
The Dargie Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance) program has been designed to train students into employable professionals. As well as gaining a nationally recognised Diploma qualification in one year, students will also be immersed in a productive environment where high levels of technical skill, style and knowledge of current industry trends are the training priorities.
As the year progresses, students will be undertaking professional auditions. The goal being to graduate into a career with a
professional contract, agent representation, professional performance bookings or all of the above.
The course also includes classes and disciplines in addition to the above Diploma unit requirements, so that students will gain as much current industry training as possible.
This includes: Vocals (Elective) – Audition technique – Hip hop – Lyrical – Acting for camera – Industry Lectures – Image management – Styling – Heels Class (Commercial) – Modelling Musical Theatre – Cabaret – Commercial Jazz for Camera – Brand Management
The course is Monday – Friday, 9am-4pm. The course terms are run in accordance
with the NSW State school terms.
- CUADAN501 Refine ballet technique
- CUADAN502 Refine ballet performance skills
- CUADAN505 Refine contemporary dance technique
- CUADAN507 Refine dance partnering technique
- CUAPRF501 Refine performance technique
- CUAPRF503 Prepare for performances in a competitive environment
- CUAWHS403 Incorporate anatomy and nutrition principles into skill development
- CUAWHS501 Maintain a high level of fitness for performance
- CUAPPR502 Develop own sustainable professional practice
- CUAMUP501 Apply theatrical make-up and hairstyles
- CUARES503 Analyse cultural history and theory
- CUADAN503 Perform repertoire for corps de ballet
- CUADAN506 Refine cultural dance technique (jazz)
- CUADAN403 Develop expertise in jazz dance technique
- CUAIND401 Extend expertise in specialist creative fields
- CUAPRF410 Develop on-camera performance skills
- CUACHR401 Create and Perform Dance Pieces